Tuesday, June 4, 2013

#WHPlighthouse


The creative folks at Instagram must have read my mind.

On the very day that I chose to wander down to the beach for the first time this summer, they designed a Weekend Hashtag Project with the subject of lighthouses.

Bazinga.

Mukilteo has a sweet little lighthouse. Short and slim, it's on the small side for a lighthouse, and not very fierce or determined-looking. It's not the kind of lighthouse that stands alone on a rocky cliff, a lonely fortress against the wild storms. This is more of a friendly little face, shining out a happy beacon to ships that they've rounded the big turn in Puget Sound and are well on their way to the deep harbor of Seattle. 

So I happily returned to the beach on Saturday afternoon, when the lighthouse is open to visitors, and snapped up a few dozen pics. Thank you, Instagram, for inspiring me. 

* * * * *

For more of my #WHP stories, check out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!