Saturday, April 14, 2012

Peer Pressure

I've been thinking all day about my promise to get going on that poor blank canvas in my dining room.

I'm taking it very seriously. You know I won't let you down.

One of decisions that has been tying me up has been color. In all honesty, I want to paint something red. I love red. I love red paintings. Wouldn't it be so fun to paint something like one of these?

Jamie Rugh via Tumblr via Pinterest

Nifty Quilts via Pinterest

Jelly Belly by Jonathan Lewis

tushtush via Etsy

But I have so many different shades of red in my dishes and tablecloths that I've decided to stay away from red in this painting. In the end, I am pretty sure that a more neutral color palette will be most satisfying, but I've been having to work myself into feeling good about that. 

So I wandered around on Pinterest to gather up some ideas for paintings that are either already done in neutrals (whites and off-whites to tans, browns, greys and black) or could easily be reinterpreted in that range of colors. Here's what I came up with:

Luli Sanchez
Carrier and Company
In Common III by Sean Jacobs
Ballard
Moment 2 by Steve Hickock
Luli Sanchez
Decor Pad
Luli Sanchez
Moment 1 by Steve Hickok
Luli Sanchez
Art Bomb

Pretty sure my imagination can take over from here. I'm going to sleep on it, then make a decision in the morning. 

Feels so good to be making progress.

P.S. I want to share two more little pieces of inspiration from my Pinterest feed:

Broken Link on Pinterest
Smile! It's a street scene in Jerusalem via User Upload on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!