Friday, April 13, 2012

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Canvas

I have a confession to make.

For the past year or so, I've had a blank white canvas hanging on my dining room wall.



Yep. Might even be more like eighteen months. I honestly can't remember exactly how long it's been hanging there, but I've been mulling over a lot of different ideas for how to paint it and I can't quite decide.

A few weeks ago, I laid a second blank canvas on the floor underneath the first one. I'm kinda thinking about swapping out the bigger one and using the smaller one instead. Still not sure what to paint on either one. Just pondering the possibilities

Here's the thing. As of today, I have officially decided it's time to stop all this thinking and PAINT something already. 

So this weekend, it all goes down. 

I'm still not sure exactly what will happen, but something will go down. 

It's crossed my mind that maybe I already know what I am supposed to paint, but I won't actually remember what it is until I put the brush in my hand and begin to work. 

Or maybe I'm just confusing my life with a movie. I guess I'll find out soon enough. 

Wikipedia

In other news regarding large white areas of spotlessness in my home, check this out:



It's a little home improvement project we created out of Tyvex. I hate to even talk about this, but as long as I'm on a roll with confessions, I might as well spill this story too.

The cats have been marking in the house.

By marking, I mean peeing on the walls and furniture, spilling down into puddles that soak into the carpet.

And by cats, I mean that I have caught Sirius red-ummmm....handed several times in the midst of this heinous act. He is definitely guilty. Cedric is on a watch list. Luna is probably innocent.

Good thing Sirius is so cute or I would drown him in the pond for sure. 

In any case, the living room and dining room had become Ground Zero for cat pee. 

(I know...yesterday, I referred to my kitchen as Ground Zero. What can I say...there are a lot of nuclear detonations going on around here these days.)

After scrubbing the walls, carpets and slipcovers multiple times, dousing the spots with multiple bottles of Febreze and accepting once and for all the fact that my verbal threats mean nothing to these cats, I walled off the entrance to the living room with this giant expanse of Tyvex and closed the conventional door between the kitchen and dining room. 

Looks pretty fantastic, doesn't it? 

2 comments:

  1. It's a boy thing.
    Why don't you paint the tyvex as well as the canvas this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha actually, that idea occurred to me, too. I'll start with the canvas and see how far I get!

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!