Sunday, March 11, 2012

Colored Black and Blue

My favorite color is red.
Any shade of red. I love the warmth and charm of all things red.
You'll find something red in every room of my house, every piece of art I make, every outfit I put on. I'm a huge fan of red.


I   Art on my family room mantel
II  My handmade valentines
III Handmade cupboard in my family room

After red, my next favorites are probably yellow and green. To me, they are both warm and nurturing colors that naturally pair off, reminding me of sunshine and leaves, daffodils and grass, green beans and lemon.


I   The Daily Green
II  Photography on the Net: Daffodils, Grass and Trees
III Confections of a Foodie Bride

Of course, every color has its place in the world and its usefulness in my life. I don't hate any of them. But if I had to pick my least favorites, I would say blue and black. To me, they both come across as kinda standoffish and indifferent; they are the friends who never return your calls and the leftovers in the back of the fridge that you can't bring yourself to eat.


So I found it very curious tonight when I looked at my pin feed on Pinterest and realized that the vast majority of my most recent pins feature blue and/or black. See what I mean?

Lait Fraise

Unsourced via Pinterest.
Kisetsu by Akira Isogawa
Lone walker in amongst tall snow covered trees by Murray Mitchell
Centsational Girl
IKEA Hackers: EXPEDIT kitchen storage
Sarah Jane
Minimal Photography
Best Foot Forward, 1963 by Paul Rice via First Time User


Maybe I like them a little bit more than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!