Friday, March 9, 2012

The Last Thing Thursday...on Friday

As I was touring around the world of blogs today, I happened upon a fun and simple post at The Life of the Wife. Called "The Last Thing Thursdays," this concept is easier to demonstrate than explain, so I'll just have at it.

The last thing I read...Robin Hood. My youngest, who is currently studying the Middle Ages, chose this book as one of the classic pieces of literature from the early 1000s and we found it quite a frolicking and accessible read. Considering it is about one thousand years old.

Bad photo, great book. Robin Hood retold by Louis Rhead

The last thing I ate...a little Granny Smith apple. At 2:30 a.m. And it was nice and snappy, as a good apple should be. Delicious.

Mine had a few bruises but I ignored them.

The last thing I watched on TV...The X-Files on DVD. My youngest and I have been working our way through the entire series, and we are currently up to Season 2, Episode 9, called Firewalker. A team of research scientists studying volcanoes in Bend, Oregon accidentally became infected by an ancient fungus-ish life form, and suddenly started sprouting weird appendages out of their necks. And dying. It was creepy and weird, just as a good X-Files episode should be. 

Oh, Mulder and Scully, you're so adorably last millenium.

The last thing I pinned on Pinterest...this image of a collection of old globes, including one that had been DIYed with chalkboard paint. A write-on-able globe. Intriguing.

Found these on a sweet French blog called, "Lait Fraise" or "Strawberry Milk."

The last thing I baked...homemade pizza. I made three pizzas from scratch for dinner two nights ago, and ate some of the leftovers yesterday for lunch. Yum.

This is NOT one of the actual pizzas that I made...but it looks quite similar to mine.

The last thing I bought and loved...my friendship bracelets from the Philippines. I blogged all about them here. Still love them.

I love them so much that I'm seriously considering framing them as art.

The last thing I did for someone else...picked up my second born from work tonight. At 10:15 p.m. At the mall. And I didn't even complain when she was late. 

We always meet at this horse.

If you are paying close attention, you will have noticed that I did not actually post my Last Thing Thursday list until Friday. Shhh. Don't tell.

What was the last thing that you did a day late?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!