Friday, February 26, 2021

Spring Sun

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Pdb6trcHP3O5q-4kYXgGXnLmREF5Kl4A

Yesterday around mid-afternoon, I glanced across my kitchen and what I saw took my breath away. Streaming across my table, the spring sun set the room aglow. Shadows criss-crossed the floor, and the entire space was bathed in golden light

Now granted, sunshine in any form is a rarity during Seattle winters; my city's reputation for grey, overcast skies is well deserved. But even on a clear day, the February sun is weak and pale, illuminating but hardly lighting up our dreary homes.

No, my friends, these magical rays of light signal loud and clear that spring, bless her heart, is just around the corner. They make my heart beat fast, and send a little shiver of shock through my system, giving me delicious hope for the days soon to come, when the spring sun will make a habit of showing us her lovely face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!