Monday, August 5, 2019

Macrame Magic

"We learn the rope of life by untying its knots." -Jean Toomer

"Or tying them, as the case may be." -me

* * * * *


Nothing makes me feel more like a thrownback flower child and wannabe hippie woman than making macrame.

Well. Maybe tie-dying tee shirts. But that's a close call. 

So, when my brain was searching around for a graduation gift well suited for some college bound young women in my life, I decided to break out the sticks and string. 


Many yards of cord, several YouTube viewings, and a few hundred knots later, this is what I managed to spin. 

Straw into gold, people. I'm telling you, it's magic.

And now I'm making one for myself. 


I used a basic dowel from Home Depot, a package of this cord, and this tutorial. My DIY hostess showed me how to make some but not all of the knots, so I supplemented with a few additional YouTube knot-tying videos, easily searched by the name of the knot I needed to know.

In the end, the process was about as complicated as tying my shoes.


So if you'd like to get in touch with your inner gold dust woman, send off some boho chic gifts, or even just treat yourself to some mid-summer magic, I highly recommend macrame.

* * * * *


She may have been a few years late for the macrame party, 
but this lady knew plenty about spinning things into gold. 

* * * * *

More macrame projects to make your dreams come true:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!