Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Gracie, Don't Read This

"I'll have whatever he's having. But make mine a double."

"Well, hello there, lovely lady. Come here often?"

 "What? He already paid for my treat? What a kind gentleman!"
The other day, I went to the Fremont Sunday Market.


You know, your typical Seattle upscale urban hipster farmer's market with tons of

fresh flower bouquets
macrame swings
organic raw honey
silver toe rings
shabby chic furniture and
tie dyed baby things.

Plus, of course, food stalls featuring tacos, Indian food, coffee drinks, macarons, veggie wraps and old school popsicles. 

All of which were great. 

But my favorite venue was the food truck from the Seattle Barkery featuring treats for dogs and their human friends too. 

As I stood nearby, watching a constant parade of customers visit the truck, two thoughts collided in my mind:

What a wonderfully wacky world we inhabit where dogs can buy treats at a food truck.

and

I hope Gracie never, ever discovers that I came here without her. 

2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!