Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2017 Ornament Of The Year

For this year's version of my annual Christmas ornament gift, I will gather sticks and paint them shiny colors. 

Said no sane person ever. 


Yer that is exactly what I did for my 2017 Ornament of the Year and guess what. 

No regrets. 


To be fair, there were a few refinements to the process.

I chose only locally sourced natural driftwood, combed from the finest beach in the Pacific Northwest.

That would be Kalaloch. 



Holes were custom drilled and wire hanging loops artisinally crafted from, um, wire. 



And each piece was painstakingly painted in metallic paint and sprinkled with a corresponding shade of fine metallic glitter. 

I'm still finding drifts of that glitter on my garage work table. That stuff plays for keeps. 



But yeah. Paint on a stick. 

I won't pretend it's any fancier than that.



But that's the tremendous thing about my Ornaments of the Year. They don't have to be fancy.

All I ask is that they be unique, handmade, and given in love. And in those respects, this year's ornament is definitely a winner.

* * * * *

For more Ornament of the Year posts, check these out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!