Thursday, November 15, 2018

My Dog's Collar

You can't see her but you know she's there.

Teenage girls sitting on the railing of a footbridge as we pass by: "THAT DOG'S COLLAR IS SOOOO CUUUUTE!!"  "OHMYGOSH SHE IS WEARING A GLOW STICK AROUND HER NECK!"

Man in pickup truck, slowing down and leaning out his open window as he approaches us:"Hey, it's my favorite dog!! And she is looking good!"

* * * * *

A week after the change from daylight savings time, I faced the fact that darkness often falls before Gracie and I get our walk in. Rather than subjecting my shaggy dog to danger as we cross dark streets and stroll through the shadows, I decided to buy her a snazzy LED lighted collar

Safety first. 

And apparently, when it comes to dogs wearing lighted collars, popularity comes at a close second. Gracie has been receiving all manner of admiring comments from the people we meet along the way.

Appreciative as I am of the attention and accolades my dog attracts while sporting her new neon necklace, what truly warmed my heart was the girl walking home from volleyball practice who shyly glanced at us, cautiously smiled, and quietly said, 

"I like her collar."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!