Thursday, August 10, 2017

A Dog's Day At The Beach


^ Today we went to a place called the beach. The first thing I can tell you is that my people all sat down and ate cheeseburgers. I got nothing. Not too impressed. 


^ Then they told me that we were going into that water. It's fun, they said. You'll like it, they said.


^ So I followed. And I watched.

I learned about waves.

They are unpredictable and surprising and quite wet. At first, I was not impressed but I got used to it after a while.


^ I also learned that beaches are busy places. People, birds, dogs, trains, and countless heaps of seaweed and logs to explore and sniff.


^ I posed for some photos too. My people are always with the cameras. 


^ I found a huge blue heron sitting on a tall post in the water. Stalking him slowly, I drew close to his perch when suddenly he let out a mighty squawk and sailed off across the water.


^ Disappointed, I stood very still and watched him go.I was very impressed with that bird. 


^ We walked on. I wagged at kids carrying water with plastic pails, said hello to two women who were painting and eating Cheetos (none for me), and stared in fascination at a dog who was playing in the water. 

I'm still not too sure what I think about those waves. 


^ And when we were done with our beach adventure, we went back to our spot, where I sat and wished I could do it all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!