Saturday, March 4, 2017

Making Do

"Use plants to bring life." -Douglas Wilson


It's not just that I miss my good dog, Ranger.

Of course, I miss him.

But the larger problem is that, now that I don't have to spend hours every day looking after him and nursing him as I did during the last weeks and months of his life, I've got a lot of free time on my hands. 

All that untapped nurturing and care-giving energy bumps around inside of me and causes considerable heartache. At least, it did until I found a suitable outlet.

Houseplants. 

I'm telling you, in the past six weeks, my green friends have been treated to five-star luxury living. They've had nothing but the best in:

hydration treatments
species-specific fertilization
upgrades to living quarters
and endless appreciation and love.

And while I will be the first one to tell you that a plant - even a small army of plants, as I currently own - does not begin to compare to the affectionate companionship of my sweet Irish Setter, for now, my green, leafy friends and I are happily making do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!