Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Bread And Butter


There are few things in this life that cheer me up as much as a bite of fresh-baked bread and butter.

My fourth-born has been on a bit of a baking spree lately, and has produced some of the most beautiful loaves of bread imaginable.

Sweet yeasty fragrance.
Thick chunks sliced from a still-steaming loaf.
Warm butter dripping into every nook and cranny.

These sensations take me back to the bread my grandmother baked during my childhood; memories which only add to the simple joys of every bite.

And while the rest of the people up here in our dark, soggy Pacific Northwest celebrated this first day of spring by exploding outside and breathing deep of the suddenly sunlit air, I sat inside with a bad case of the sniffles and ate my bread and butter.

Which was totally fine with me.

* * * * *

This is the recipe my daughter's been using for these mind-blowing batches of bread. Try it. 
And definitely opt for the coconut oil - I promise you the loaf of a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!