Friday, February 3, 2017

Standing Firm

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm". -Abraham Lincoln

A seagull, a girl, and the glory of the beach.

To have my very own lighthouse is a luxury that always takes me by surprise.

Posts where the dock floats during the summer, and water made of liquid gold. 

The ferry comes and the ferry goes, but the land and sea and sky are happy to stay in place. 

Massive Mount Baker towers above the rest of the Cascade Range.

 Sand and stones and rivulets where the water once ran down to the sea.

Travelers on their way to San Francisco or LAX surely look out their windows 
and wonder what it must be like to live in paradise. 

* * * * *

This is where I live. This place is what I stand for.

The endless beauty of the elements.
Harmony between humans and nature.
The simple joy of stepping out on a cold winter's day and letting the beach have its way with you.

You know what else I stand for?

I stand for the self-evident truths that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. 

I stand for the huddled masses, yearning to be free

I stand for truth, justice and the American way

I stand for a nation where people will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

And I stand for a government of the people, by the people, for the people

My feet are most definitely in the right place, and I am standing firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!