Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sweet Talk

"If you're not the one cooking, stay out of the way and compliment the chef." 
-Michael Strahan


"Mommmmm, how much do you love me?" My third-born's voice positively dripped with honey.

Alright, look.

I don't want to sound completely cynical, but any mom who's been around the block a few times knows that these words are a trap about to be sprung. 

"What do you want."

It was more of a statement than a question.

"Would you pleaaaaaaaase make me an omelet?"

Arggg. That's my sweet spot.

Cooking for anyone makes my day, and on the rare occasions when my daughters - who are perfectly competent cooks themselves - ask me for a little special something... 

Well. I just can't resist.


I did myself proud with this bad boy.

Bacon
Broccoli
Shallots
Cheddar cheese

All wrapped up in four fluffy eggs cooked to golden perfection.

And splashed generously with hot sauce.

This was an omelet for the ages; big enough for not only my third-born to eat her fill, but also for my second-born and even the cook to tuck in as well. We ate every delicious morsel and groaned with satisfaction.

Which just goes to show that in my kitchen, a little bit of sweet talk goes a long, long way. 

2 comments:

  1. ...in my kitchen, too! <3 -h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can't resist our hungry chicks. even when they are big bad birds. :)

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!