Friday, December 30, 2016

My Christmas Miracle

His fur doesn't exactly coordinate with our gold and white wrapping paper scheme, 
but Ranger is every bit a gift. 

Here is my Christmas miracle.

Good ol' Ranger has made it through to another holiday season.

He can't climb up the stairs anymore but he can still clamber up on the couch and spread himself out for a comfy nap.

He is pure skin and bones but he happily eats meals of freshly roasted beef, browned turkey, or his favorite, boiled bratwurst, as I feed him each delectable bite from my hand.

He doesn't tear up and down the sidewalks like he used to. But every day, when I ask him if he'd like to go on a walk, his sweet little head pops up and his brown eyes dance with delight.

And while I do not dare to think too much about Christmases of the future, nothing makes me happier than to enjoy every minute of my sweet dog's miraculous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!