Saturday, February 20, 2016

Alright


For the past few weeks, life in my little corner of the world has been rough.

I personally don't have much to complain about. 

But all around me, friends are going through unspeakably difficult times.

Life support.
Emergency surgery.
Conferences with somber, hope-less doctors.
And straight-up unexpected death.

Court cases.
Physical and emotional abuse.
Prison sentences.
And painful transitions to foster families.

Depression.
Bipolar.
Ineffective meds.
Overwhelming frustration and suicide.


At times like this, I'm tempted to write the whole world off as unthinkably cruel and hopelessly messed up.

Sometimes my mind can't handle any more.


But my heart and soul fear nothing.

Because I know, deep and true, that we are not alone in this sometimes heartless world.

Just as surely as spring comes again, and crocuses rise from their dry, brown bulbs to bloom in glory, so does God's love shine like the sun and warm our hearts with his tender mercy and care.

I know. Not everyone has such a gift of faith. Not everyone believes in happy endings. 

But I do.

And if you have any doubt about that, then I am praying that God will fill your heart and soul with the certainty that he loves you more than you can possibly know, and that, as impossible as it may seem right now, everything is going to be alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!