Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Birthday To You


If you were to look inside my fourth born's mind, this is what you would most likely see. 
The lights of the city sparkling against the jagged teeth of the high desert mountains. 
The lingering glow of the sun, setting far to the west. 
The deepening twilight, stretching navy to black in the heavens above. 
The evening star, Venus,  rising against the western horizon.

Yes, this is a perfect picture of my fourth-born's inner landscape. A surreal mix of reality and fantasy; of nature and the wonders of the great beyond. She is a woman of mystery and sensibility and limitless possibilities.

And yesterday was her birthday. What a day to celebrate!

Happy birthday to my inscrutable, metaphysical, contemplative young dreamer. You never fail to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!