Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fresh Fruit


I've been eating a lot of amazing food here in Southeast Asia, and I have to say, every meal has been satisfying and delicious. 

But at the top of the list, I would have to say the fresh tropical fruit has been my favorite. Rambutan, watermelon, dragon fruit, mango; each one has been juicy and sublime.  

So it should come as no surprise that I asked my daughter's boyfriend to accompany me to the market to buy some mangoes of my own. 

And of course, he graciously agreed, because he's cool like that. 

But what knocked me off my feet was the delivery he made to my door the next day. A big plastic shopping bag bursting forth with three enormous mangoes and a dozen persimmons (I think).

I can't wait to dig into them. And thoughtfully, he also brought me a knife. Thanks, Ky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!