Monday, August 12, 2013

Sex, Drugs, And Beautiful Produce


Shhh, here's a little secret. One of my guilty pleasures in life is going to Whole Foods Market.

I know. That sounds ridiculous. How can going to the grocery store become a guilty pleasure, for crying out loud? A proper guilty pleasure needs to involve sex, drugs, rock'n'roll - or at least a Harley - if it's going to be any good at all.

But here's the thing. I am not really a fan of shopping at this particular chain. As long as I'm being perfectly honest, I'll admit that it's a little overpriced and pretentious for my taste. I will spend good money for responsibly-raised beef, and this store's selection of fresh meat is what lures me in. But I don't necessarily need organic cheese puffs, alternative mac and cheese, or ten kinds of coconut water. Other than the meat, I really don't care to buy anything that this store is selling.

However, I am obsessed with taking pictures of Whole Foods' produce. Oh my gosh, the gorgeous colors and textures, the artful piles and geometric arrangements, and in my favorite part of the store, there are soaring ceilings and huge windows that illuminate the displays with pristine natural light. 


The adorable and colorful pennants that I discovered this week are an added bonus. 

So that's my confession. Keep your naturally colored sodas, your salt-free soups, and all your bland deli food. I don't want to buy any of that stuff, Whole Foods Market. I'll do my shopping elsewhere. All I want from you is to lurk in your entry and take a million shots of your delectably displayed fruits and vegetables. Please don't hate me for that. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand. The farmers market is one of my favorite places to take my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking my camera to the local farmers market! Great fun mate

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!