Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Dear Friend Pink


Yesterday was a glorious, four-star, perfect summer day here in the Puget Sound and I spent some time soaking up the sunshine at Seattle's Carkeek Park. I was in good company there, joined by people at birthday parties, family outings, company picnics, and even a wedding. By the end of the day, when I looked back at my camera roll, I was surprised to see a strong motif of pinks jumping out at me. Balloons, dresses, chalk drawings, flip-flops, plastic panels in the fence,flowers, sand toys..even my own outfit and a beautiful late afternoon sun flare came up in tones of pink.

Combined with the expansive blues of sky and sound, the friendly greens of the wood surrounding the park, and the comforting grey sand under my feet, all those splashes of my dear friend pink just made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!