Tuesday, May 8, 2012

If It Wasn't Dark Outside, I'd Go Pick Some Right Now

A little-known and fairly ridiculous fact about me. As much as I adore flowers, and devote myself to growing a yard full of them, I'm very hesitant to cut them and bring them into the house.

Wait. I have some good reasons.

Bouquets are so tricky to get right. You need a carefully balanced combination of flowers, placed in an elegant coordinated vase. And the flowers need to be arranged just so, so that they create a pleasing shape and never droop. 

Also, bouquets require much ongoing care. You must replace aging blooms and clean up all the spent petals that have fallen off.

Wait. I just saw this charming, adorable, perfectly imperfect bouquet of flowers...and all those reasons flew right out the window.

{frolic!}

Tomorrow, my new life as a flower-picker begins. Just you wait and see.

3 comments:

  1. I saw cut them and enjoy them inside. They bring such happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kitchen in never without a little splash of color, but you know how I feel about my fistfuls...
    -h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! When it comes to bouquets, you are a source of infinite inspiration.

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!