Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Garland Update

My garland obsession rages on, and Valentine's Day does not escape my notice. Remember these origami box-covered beauties that saw me through Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Well, tonight they got a little Valentine-y update with the addition of twelve red boxes.

Why did I choose exactly twelve boxes, you ask. Is it because there were twelve bare lights on the garland remaining to be covered with boxes? Or perhaps because of its many special mathematical properties of this value, such as being the smallest number with exactly six divisors (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12)? Or maybe I'm tapping into the religious significance of the number twelve, since it is signifies the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve sons of Jacob, the twelve disciples of Jesus and the twelve Imams considered by Shi'a Muslims to be the legitimate successors of Muhammad?

Nope. It's because I had exactly twelve pieces of red origami paper on hand.

I'm just working with what I got. Hope you enjoy.


* * * * * 

More sweet whisperings of Valentine love:

2 comments:

  1. wont those catch on fire if they get to hot

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!