Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Tetlunese New Year



Tet. 
Lunar New Year. 
Chinese New Year. 

Call it what you will, but I've been lucky enough to celebrate this ancient holiday in three different countries scattered across two continents, in a handful of traditional ways. 

I've eaten fish and oranges,
lit a few firecrackers,
passed out money to children, 
and swept clean the house. 

And let's not forget the iconic red lanterns. 

I've nearly collapsed underneath their festooned garlands in blazing tropical heat, and risked hypothermia to snap photos of them in the Seattle winter. 

I'll go to great lengths to celebrate a holiday with three different names. 

So let the festivities begin as we all ring the Year of the Monkey  

Happy Tetlunese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!