Monday, September 7, 2015

Road Trip Day 15: West Yellowstone, MT To Seattle, WA


Off we go on another all-American family road trip. 

Two parents
Two daughters
A big red dog
And a car full of suitcases, leashes, a cooler, bags of food, blankets, pillows, maps, books, extra sweatshirts, water bottles, bags, backpacks, and a whole slew of electronic devices and their chargers. 

Where are we going and what will we do when we get there? Just wait and see. 

* * * * *

Winding across the Palouse of eastern Washington, past golden wheat fields and towering wind turbines.

Crossing the mighty Columbia, her blue waters wide under the brilliant sky.

Climbing up Snoqualmie Pass in the Cascades, where mists and fog drift among the stands of evergreen.

Streaming down the mountain to find my city waiting for me, familiar and exciting and twinkling in the evening light. 

These, the last sights of my road trip, cool my wandering heels and set my heart at peace. As much as I love to criss-cross the beautiful American countryside and feast on her endless variety, I am always happy to come back to my little piece of Pacific Northwest heaven.

Distance covered today: 758  miles
Total trip: 5217 miles*

*Total trip according to the odometer, which includes miscellaneous side trips, errands, and rounding: 5781 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!