Saturday, September 13, 2014

Living In The Moment


My mind was a million miles away as I started to work on dinner tonight. My thoughts raced around in my head as I pondered gold spray paint, Ranger's walk, and the current state of my linen closet. I was most definitely inattentive to the tasks before me.

Suddenly, my rambling reflections disappeared and I snapped into reality. I had just laid these six hard-boiled eggs on a dish cloth and the afternoon sun simply set them aglow. Each shade of brown was subtly different; each oval shape was uniquely shadowed and highlighted in the brilliant light. 

As I contemplated this remarkable masterpiece, I remembered once again how lovely life can be when I slow down, every now and then, in order to live in the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!