Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gateway To Adventure

Last week, I set off on a road trip. 

As I often do, I began my journey by hopping on Interstate 90 and heading east. This beautiful route takes me from the heart of downtown Seattle; across big, blue Lake Washington; through the lush, green forests of the foothills; and up into the Cascade Miuntains. 


In other words, I pass right through the heart of the glorious Pacific Northwest.

Now I'll be the first person to say that there are many beautiful places on this earth, and I think I could be happy living in many of them. 

Still, I feel blessed beyond words to call this lush paradise my home. 

That's why, when I'm making my way out of town, I'm always a little sad. Because about an hour beyond Seattle, just past the summit of Snoqualmie Pass, the world changes. The towering evergreens disappear, steep mountains and deep ravines are replaced by the rolling Palouse, and parched brown grasses color the landscape. 


And when I find myself suddenly surrounded by these barren hills and scruffy tufts of tumbleweed, I know two things for sure:

I've left the cozy bubble of the Pacific Northwest and all the familiar sights of my home. 

I'm out in the big, bold world and ready for some new adventures!!

* * * * *

To find out more on this road-tripping adventure, read:


2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!