Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pondering Pâtisseries


I've been thinking a lot about French pastries lately.

On a whim, I stopped by my hometown's new French bakery, L'Artisian. Excited to treat my eyes and my taste buds to some European charm, I discovered instead that the shop was closed for a week's winter vacation. Le sigh.

A few days later, at Whole Foods Market, I found myself summoned across the huge store to this lovely display full of French-inspired treats. I stood, I stared, I considered buying myself something delicious. But in the end, I chose only to snap photos and realize an important truth.

I don't want to buy French pastries.
I don't really want to eat French pastries.
What I very much want to do is make French pastries.

One day, quite soon, I am going to have to do something about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!