Friday, May 11, 2012

Treat. My. Self. And Ranger Too.

In honor of the upcoming Mother's Day weekend, I thought it might be suitable to pick up a few little things for myself on my daily trip to Target

Yes, I decided to treat myself. 




Forget the mimosas and fine leather goods; here's what I chose.

I am a fan of candles. I am a fan of yummy scents. I am a fan of a house that smells nice.  My favorite candle scent is vanilla but today I wanted to live dangerously. 
This mascara might have been more of a need than a want, but I am so happy about that bright yellow tube that I feel like I treated myself just to buy it. Anyway, I like to say, "Lash Blast" and think about that one time on America's Next Top Model when no one could say it properly.
Kleenex pocket pals. I know, not the most exciting thing ever. But I like them because  1)  I feel organized when I have plenty on hand, 2) I needed to replace the pack in my car and the pack I keep in my bag, and it seemed just as easy to buy a new package than to remember to grab them from my stash at home, and 3) the packaging is colorful and cute. Whoa, I just noticed...it's rainbow mode
Mrs. Meyers Clean Day in lemon verbena scent, you make cleaning fun.  Please come home with me.
Like the mascara, this bottle of conditioner is really more of a need than a want. Last night, I had to use the trick of adding water to the almost empty bottle to get out the last little bits, so you know I've hit rock bottom. But the fun part of this purchase is that I chose a different brand. After using the same kind of shampoo for a year or two, my hair gets tired of it and goes off its game until I try a different kind. And I've been thinking that my old standby, Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly, has finally had its day. So today I decided to try a new brand. Excitement!

Once I spoiled myself rotten (and bought lots of delicious food for the human members of my family), I decided it was only fair to treat Ranger to a few little extras too.

Truth be told, Ranger gets a tiny bit spoiled every day. He usually eats dry dog food, but for the past few months, I've been giving him a can of wet food over the top. This stuff looks like a delicious beef stew but I have a feeling that corners have been cut. In any case, Ranger adores it and gets excited whenever he sees this can on the counter.
Target is currently featuring specialty items from selected boutiques and little shops around the country. It's a very clever concept; each shop is featured in a special location in the store, and the products are just as beautiful and enticing as they must be in their original locations. One of the shops is called Polka Dog Bakery and it features yummy treats and food-related accessories for dogs. I decided to try one for Ranger; he is a choosy eater and usually quite hesitant about new foods, but he got SO EXCITED about this tasty morsel:







Treat yo self, Ranger. It's that kind of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!