Tuesday, September 7, 2021

On Speaking Up

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NZmdIMlNzGXgW7UU0__WuTas91HOJZLY

For the past few years, my world has been closing down until it's become pretty much just Gracie and me, sharing our thoughts together. And I think it's time that changed. 


Too long, 

this pain has split me 

in two.


Wanting to express myself

to speak my mind with clarity

to take a stand on what matters.


But these days, honesty comes at a cost.

The world has fractured into two halves

as different as night from day.


And the people in my life 

Who stand across the divide

Don't always like what I have to say.


Many have cut me off.


Now I find myself in wounded silence.

Afraid to take a stand, 

Afraid to further offend.


But this is not who I am.

I need to find my voice again

And the courage to use it wisely.


Oh, I will speak up with kindness

I have no wish to wield words as a blade

To slice us further into Us and Them


But speak I must.

So even if you disagree with me

I hope that we can heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!