Saturday, October 27, 2012

I'm On Top Of The World


On Wednesday, I took every single thing out of my lovely but slightly untamed closet.

On Thursday, I patched and spackled and washed and prepped and taped off every surface in sight.

Today, on Friday, I put two coats of paint on the walls. Bleached Linen by Behr.
Also, I put two coats of varnish on the wood. Valspar Polyurethane in Satin.
As all of that lovely freshness was drying tonight, I sorted through all the heaps of clothes and such that came out of the closet, refolding and organizing what will be kept, and getting rid of a few odds and ends.

This is not a glamorous job. But cleaning out a big closet from top to bottom is one of the most rewarding accomplishments known to mankind. I feel like I just summited Mount Everest.

What will I do for an encore?

On Saturday, I will rip out the old carpeting on the closet floor, and start the process of painting my subfloors.

Don't even ask about Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Here via the Malaysian Reader.

    I love your snapshots. A mediocre photographer, I always admired those gifted with perspective.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad if you enjoy my shots...I always have fun taking them!

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!