Saturday, June 27, 2020

Accept The Gift

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BTf6kgCZZ_ypf_jxR6KtUjN66jYnY788

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, 
humanity cannot survive." -Dalai Lama

These are trying times, my friend.

Covid.
Police violence.
Protests.
Economic freefall.
Quarantines.
Antiracism.
Mandatory face masks.

And oh, let me just throw in the fact that here in the U.S. it's an election year with a highly volatile incumbent sitting in the White House who adds a layer of controversy and crazy to all the challenges we face.

There is no denying that these uncertain times stir up a variety of emotions:

Fear.
Anxiety.
Uncertainty.
Anger.
Division.
Loneliness.
Rage.
Disgust.
Sadness.

We have every right to feel hopeless.

But I offer you hope. I'm tired, just like you are, but I see that light at the end of the tunnel. This nightmare will end, a better day will come, and we will look back on this time and say, "Whew! What a wild ride!" This season will not last forever.

But I choose not to wait for the future to find my relief. I don't want to keep holding my breath, afraid of what tomorrow will bring, angry about the turmoil that smacks me in the face every time I turn around. 

Today, right now, when I choose to reach out and take it, this day offers me love and compassion.

And I want to offer that love and compassion to you too.

Today, right now, we are here together on this earth, in this life, and everything is okay. 
Not perfect. But okay.

Now, if I'm wrong about that - if you are not okay today - then I want you to know that I'm with you. I offer you my love and compassion and helping hands.

I'm here if you need me.

Undoubtedly, we need more than love and compassion to move the mountains of disease and isolation and economic ruin and social injustice that we are facing. But love and compassion are the only things that make this life worth living. 

So I offer you today the love and compassion that we all so desperately need right now. 

And I hope that you will accept the gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!