Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Smart Dog



Yesterday, when Gracie and I were out walking, a woman, whose name I soon learned was Janice, stopped us and said, "Wow, that's the longest leash I've ever seen!"

Yep. We get that all the time.

So I explained that it's actually a fifty-foot piece of rope that allows Gracie to run back and forth, snuffling through the brush and exercising her hunting instincts, while I walk along at my own preferred smooth and steady pace.

Janice mulled over that answer and then asked the classic follow-up question:

"But she could wander out into the street. How does she know to stay on the sidewalk?"

To which I could only reply, "Because she understands what sidewalks are for."

And that seemed to take care of Janice's questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!