Friday, January 19, 2018

Gracie's Good News


Great news!

Gracie has lost all her extra weight!

At her six-month check-up with her vet, she weighed in at 81 pounds, down from 99 pounds when we adopted her last July, and was thereby pronounced fit and fabulous.

We promptly celebrated with a post-appointment walk in the rain which allowed a perfect photo op for capturing the svelte new body underneath her shaggy coat.

She's still working on her 'smizing.'

Now Gracie is still a big dog. No slender slip of a thing, as many female Irish are, my girl is steady and strong, broad in the beam, and surprisingly tall.  

And all these weeks of dieting have taught me one thing; Gracie loves to eat. It will be a life-long challenge to keep her away from the sweets and savories that she so craves.

But now that we have overcome this first and fairly forbidding fitness obstacle, we can handle whatever comes next. 

And for Gracie and me, that is very good news. 

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Gracie! You need to come and run with me. I can run like a deer and jump like a kangaroo. I know we would get along famously too...while we rule the mountains up here in Canada.
    With brotherly love,

    Mooney and Family

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!