Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Little Things

"In the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." - Khalil Gibran


This hanging planter in the corner of my bedroom had been driving me crazy.

DIYed from my own loving hands, I'd planted one gorgeous houseplant after another in its white ceramic bowl. But despite my normally emerald green thumb, they all died. 

I blamed the container. Plants prefer a bit of evaporation around their roots but the inside of this dish - handsome, sleek, and shiny though it was - locked every drop of moisture in tight. 

An admirable trait in cereal bowls. But not so good for my string of pearls. 

After several drowned houseplants and some brooding rounds of troubleshooting, the solution suddenly appeared out of thin air. 

Air plants. 

No roots. 
No soil.
No problems with overwatering.

I moved in a trio of tillansias and never looked back.

The plants in my planter have never looked better. 

And even though this is just a 

tiny, 
silly, 
ridiculously unimportant 
little thing 

my heart is truly refreshed. 


* * * * *


 Well. You knew this had to happen.
Hope this little thing just makes your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!