Sunday, April 19, 2015

Groggy Doggy

Slurrrrp.

Lick, lick, lick.

Slurp. Lick. Slurp, slurp, slurp. 

My poor boy, Ranger, has been suffering from a couple tumors on his back end. They are harmless, medically speaking, but so annoying and aggravating to him that lately, he has been going to town on them, day and night.

His natural instinct to soothe the irritation has been driving us all mad, so this week, Ranger paid a little visit to our friendly animal surgeon, who made the culprits go away.


^ And here is my happy boy, distressed by the day's events and very wobbly on his feet but sooo glad to be back home. I gave him a few minutes to enjoy the sunny afternoon and sniff about before I whisked him into the house to rest.


^ Sirius joined us for the welcome home, because he's friendly like that.


^ Trust me, the full extent of Ranger's war wounds is not pretty. I pixelated his rear for all our sakes. 


^ And after our interlude in the golden afternoon, Ranger and I went inside, where I hopped him up on pain pills and let him sleep. Poor groggy doggy.

But Sirius stayed outside to play in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!