Saturday, March 7, 2015

Unwritten


I'm so happy today. Spring has officially sprung!

The air is fresh and light and filled with birdsong.
My yard is popping up with sweet blooms.
And the dirt under my fingernails proves that weeding season has also begun.

Spring is my favorite season. Though I can easily find things to love about summer, fall and winter, this time of year symbolizes rebirth and the gift of new beginnings.

Tiny green shoots peep up from the earth,
Tender young leaves unfurl on the trees,
The sun's warmth grows stronger and surer as the earth tilts toward the equinox.

Nature's stirrings fill me with a rush of excitement. Even though this shifting of the seasons plays out this way, year after year, I'm always exhilarated by the sense of expanding possibilities.

* * * * *

And with each passing year, I find this season to be more deeply symbolic of my life. Time is marching on, to be sure, and at this point, many of my life choices seem intractable

But spring reminds me that anything is possible.

Though I'm blessed with stability and routine, I am absolutely not limited by who I have been in the past.

My life can be whatever I want it to be. The years ahead are a story that only I can write, and no one else can choose it or live it for me.

* * * * *

That truth fills me with a delight and determination that I can barely put into words.

Yep, spring has definitely sprung, in my garden and in my heart. And I can't wait to see what happens next in my unwritten life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!