Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Bowl Superlatives

Win or lose, we Seattlelites still love our Hawks. 

Watching our hometown Seahawks romp and stomp their way through last night's Super Bowl was pure joy. Beyond their astonishing levels of athleticism, physical power, and downright swag, I find a lot to love about these guys.

The Seattle Seahawks are fearless.

As a team, they know who they are and what they do well.

Straight and bold, they make no bones about their strategies and style of play.


Playing always to win and never to not lose, they command the field and drive the ball with unshakable confidence.

To maximize their adaptability and chances for success, they make room for every player to contribute.

Without fail, they play with intelligence, style, good spirits, and utter abandon.

The Seahawks are winners in every sense of the word.

* * * * *

Well. Almost.

Sadly, for Seattle fans, our team did not prevail in the big game. This year's shiny Lombardi Trophy and all those blingy rings went to the New England Patriots, whose cool-headed, capable, consistent play won them the championship. 

And as much as I would have loved for things to turn out differently, I'm okay with this outcome. Because the Seattle Seahawks give me something far more important than the ultimate gridiron glory. 

They inspire me to push myself,
to take on the seemingly insurmountable,
to trust my instincts, 
to play to my strengths,
to set my sights high and to never doubt what I can achieve. 

Not bad for a bunch of overpaid jocks. 

Just kidding, guys. #nextseasonbeginstoday #gohawks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!