Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's {Mini} Resolutions


I can't resist New Year's resolutions.

I'm a person who loves order and intention and lists and seeing what might be better and acknowledging that there is always, always room for improvement in life.

I like to try.

And to me, that's what resolutions are all about. Finding a new way to try.

This year, I am trying something new. Rather than choosing one overarching resolution that inspires me for the whole year, I am working on a monthly scheme. On the first day of each new month in 2015, I will give myself a new challenge.

For example, in January, I will drink only water.

Not sure how I will wind up each month. Maybe some resolutions will be worth keeping, and I will just adopt them as the new normal. But I may also find myself saying, "Hey, I did that for a month and it's dumb so I'm not doing it any more." That will be okay too.

So here I come, 2015. May my mini-resolutions light the way to some good changes in my life.

And may this new year be filled with light and love and blue skies full of endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!