Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Trio Of Baked Goods

 Just ten days in, and already 2015 has brought me a bevy of beautiful baked goods.


^ First, my birthday cake was delivered up right on schedule. For the umpteenth year in a row, I requested angel food and my wishes were indeed fulfilled. Baked by my first-born, covered with a light glaze and topped with a collection of candles in dots, stripes and diamonds, this year's edition was perfection. 


^ Next, a surprise! My Words With Friends buddy and fellow Michigander, Paul, thoughtfully packed up a choice selection of homemade cookies and nut breads and shipped them across the country to me. Peanut butter, snickerdoodle, Toll House, and oatmeal: each flavor is as scrumptious as the rest, and I am beside myself with this thoughtful and delicious gift from the Mitten. 


^ Last but certainly not least, this feast for the senses is courtesy of my friendly neighborhood donut shop, Henry's. I am not normally one to go in for this gooey form of yum, but when my third-born longly observed that Vietnamese dounts are nowhere near as delicious as good ol' Henry's, you know my local pride stirred me to action. Yup. I bought 'em for her and helped her eat 'em all up.

* * * * *

So there you have it. Three sweet treats popped into my life just a few days apart, each one as beautiful to look at as it was to eat. Thank you, 2015, for treating me with this tantalizing trio of baked goods.

And P.S. please consider these two interesting side notes:


Luckily, all these extra calories came in handy when Heidi and I went for a walk

And doubly lucky, I managed to enjoy all three treats before my naughty gall bladder temporarily put me off such indulgences.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!