Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sweet Treats

I love to decorate for Christmas.

But I prefer to do it very slowly. 

The halls of most American yuletide-loving homes are fully decked by the close of Thanksgiving weekend, but that's when I'm just beginning my process. Armed with bits of paper, tree branches, fishing line, assorted garlands, and twinkle lights, I expect to spread the job out over the next few weeks.

Here, in day-to-day installments, is the story of how my house is getting ready for Christmas.

* * * * *


I suppose one might argue that food is not technically a form of decoration. 

But when my home begins to fill up with gorgeous edibles like this one, baked and graciously given to me by one of my math mommies, I can't help but feel that these sweet treats bring a special and delicious flavor to my holiday decor. 

Because let's be honest. Nothing says Merry Christmas better than a fresh-baked sugar cookies with sprinkles on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!