Friday, September 26, 2014

Sex In The Garden

The best ideas are when you take two older ideas that have nothing to do with each other, make them have sex with each other, and then build a business around the bastard, ugly child that results.



Once there was a gap in my garden.

A patch of empty soil, between the lavender and the thyme, where weeds grew aplenty and I got plenty sick and tired of pulling them out.

What I really needed was a few yards of bark mulch to suffocate their efforts and give my grubby fingers a break.

But alas. I didn't want to interrupt my day in the garden with a trip to the store.

* * * * *

Once there was a heap of moldering firewood in my garden.

A stack left over from the days when we actually burned wood in our fireplace, leaning against the fence and abandoned to the elements for many seasons on end.

What I really wanted was to get rid of this spider-infested eyesore.

But alas, I couldn't bring myself to just throw this once-beautiful wood away.

* * * * *

Crash! Bang! BOOM.

That was the sound of those two problems colliding in my brain. And this is what came of the impact.


I must say, I'm as pleased as I am surprised about how that all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!