Monday, September 29, 2014

Four Muses

On a sunny fall Sunday in my front yard, these cheerful flowers beckoned me to come closer and take their picture.


I gladly obliged.


Next, my eye strayed to the yellow bench nearby. I couldn't help but notice the contrast of the fresh paint against the gently weathered blossoms. Another photo was definitely needed.


At that moment, my friendly black and white cat stepped out from the shadows. Purring and rubbing himself against the bench, he wordlessly worked for the camera. My trigger finger found the shutter and snapped instinctively.

Saucy little Sirius strutted across the lawn in front of me, and I couldn't resist the urge to snap again
 

In an instant, my kitty had slipped off into the shrubs.

But as I turned around on the spot, there he was. My handsome Ranger, resting comfortably in the heather after our daily walk and perfectly posed for a portrait.


And so it was that I spent my afternoon with these four charming muses: the flowers, the bench, the cat and the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!