Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bunny Coffee Shop

The other day, my third-born took me to one of her favorite Danang hang out spots. It's called Bunny Coffee Shop, and in spite of the fact that I don't like coffee at all, I found several reasons to love this place. 

1. Adorable name. Come on, what could be cuter than a bunny??


2. Lots of green plants in Pinterest-worthy arrangements. So clever, quirky, and deliciously hipsterific. 

3. Teeny tiny wooden tables with even teenier and tinier wooden stools. The whole arrangement was ridiculously too small for my long American legs, but dang, that furniture looked good. 

4. Set against the industrial architecture of the ceiling and upper walls were a series of paperboard sculptures. Three-dimensional hot air balloons floated among their cloud counterparts and the effect was dreamy though deceptively difficult to capture in a photograph. In fact, the four of us held an impromptu contest to see who might find the best angles for a photographic composition. Our best efforts still fell short of the real thing. 


5. And if all of that isn't enough to pique your interest, try this on for size. At Bunny Coffee Shop, motorbikes are parked inside the restaurant. 

I'm not even kidding. 

We rode across the sidewalk, shot through the front door, zipped past several tables full of nonplussed patrons, and cruised up a small ramp into a back room which is used for parking. As weird as it was to drive in, going out was even trippier. Felt like I was in a very weird dream 

So if you happen to find yourself in Danang, do yourself a favor and hop in to Bunny for a fresh cup. I can't speak for  coffee but I promise that in every other way, you'll be charmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!