Friday, May 23, 2014

Lunch At Luna


After today's refreshing swim in the balmy waters of the South China Sea and a proper chat session in the shade of our tiki hut, my daughters and I had worked up a sturdy appetite. Dark storm clouds blew in and thunder rumbled in the distance as we mounted our noble motorbikes and whizzed through dust- filled streets od Danang in search of food and shelter.   

We found both in an open air restaurant called Luna. With French owners, an Italian menu, and a decidedly American hipster vibe, this place attracts western travelers and local urbanites alike. As the storm burst and warm tropical rain pounded down just beyond our table, we munched a delicious lunch of pizza, pasta, and fresh baked bread. 

I personally adored the rustic flavors of the food, the visually rich textures and tones of the food's presentation, and - let's be honest - the establishment's name. Because at this little pub on the other side of the world, it's nice to be reminded of my sweet black cat who waits for me back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!