Friday, June 21, 2013

Blue Skies


When Seattle skies are blue and sunny, something magical happens. My spirits soar, and the sky seems to be a great big canvas upon which I can write my hopes and dreams. I feel optimistic, invincible, and full of limitless options.

I feel the same way about photos of the sky. I love to shoot one image after the next, capturing the field of blue, the fluffy heaps of harmless white clouds, and random bits of earthly objects. And then I am fascinated with editing them to my heart's content - shifting the shades of the colors, increasing the contrast to reveal the shapes of the clouds, playing up the natural sun flares, and occasionally creating some highlights of my own.

It's not to say I don't appreciate the natural beauty of a gorgeous Pacific Northwest sky. But when I use my imagination to playfully reinvent them, I appreciate those blank, blue skies of possibility more than ever.

* * * * *

Other stories of hope, offered from me to you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!