Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Exploring Lines With Lokhman

Nothing beats a day exploring a new city. I don't need to go to every museum, eat at the best restaurants, or shop in the finest stores. What i like to do is look at the buildings.

More specifically, I am drawn to the clean lines and crisp geometry of modern architecture and city scenes. I like to wander around the streets, on foot or by car, letting my eyes drift over the scenery until some element jumps out at me: the strong vertical curve at the Telecom Malaysia building, the blocks of pastel color on an apartment complex, the brilliant reflection of ceiling lights on the grid of a white tile floor.

Here are a few examples of Kuala Lumpur's urban landscapes that fascinate me. And I offer many thanks and much gratitude to my generous, cheerful, and very interesting tour guide, Lokhman, who made this lovely day possible.


* * * * *

For more of my adventure day with Lokhman, read:

Exploring Batu Caves With Lokhman

* * * * *

To find all the stories of my amazing adventures in southeast Asia, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!