Thursday, July 19, 2012

No Place Like Home


Whenever a special day in my life calls for festive celebration, my response is predictable. 

Make garlands! Make banners! Break out the paper and deck the halls!

Today, my little world traveler came home from Vietnam (read more about her trip here and here) and I did what comes naturally. As the result of a busy afternoon with ribbons, scissors, paper cutter and tape, and the leftover bits from this project, the heart of my home was filled with this spunky little pennant garland.


Nothing says "Welcome Home" like a banner that says "Welcome Home." So I made one and hung it in my official Important Banner location, right over the kitchen sink.


Upstairs, there was another banner waiting over her bed, made by her beloved sister/roommate, as well as two cuddly kittens leaving a delicate layer of kitty fur on my daughter's freshly made bed. Aww, isn't that sweet of them.


Just kidding, we outsmarted them. The blue sheet will come off at bedtime, revealing a fully made and fur-free bed underneath. At least for her first night back home, my daughter will still feel like a hotel princess.

I'm happy to report that all the trip logistics went smoothly, and in no time at all, we were back home from the airport and poring over lovely gifts and souvenirs from the trip.


Now I'm going back to the couch to share a bowl of popcorn with my young 'un, and help her catch up on some Real World St. Thomas. Oh, there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!