Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seeking Imperfection

Ta-da! Here is a scruffy little bouquet for you. As promised, I unceremoniously cut these blooms from my yard, plopped them into this little glass milk bottle, and called it good.   

My eye immediately wishes I had trimmed off those low-hanging rose leaves, and maybe grabbed a fresher sprig of the small white flowers - the ones in back look a little tired. 

But maybe, if I hadn't pointed those things out to myself, I would see the charm of the light purple sprigs of lilac and sweet just-beginning-to-bloom pink roses, mixed in with the clusters of tiny, fresh white blossoms and cool green leaves. 

And maybe, with a little more practice, I will see those irregular, unplanned details as delightful surprises, rather than flaws. I'll keep at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!