Friday, May 4, 2012

InstaFun

I'm not gonna lie - I had a grinding bore of a day today.

Ever since the accident that wiped out one of our family cars, I have become chauffeur to the stars. Yep, our once-complex matrix of who will be taking which car at which time has been reduced to this: if anyone needs to go somewhere, I drive them.

I'm not going to complain too much about that (wait, I already complained) but some days, it means that I do a lot of driving around.

Today was one of those days. I left the house for my first drive at 6:30 a.m. and got home from my final pick-up at around 10:40 p.m., making four separate trips in between. For most of the day, I was back and forth, in and out, leaving me just enough time to start a project and then get frustrated by having to abandon it within an hour's time to run another errand.

So after staging a brief introductory pity party, I decided to find a way to have fun on the road. Although it was a bleak and rainy grey spring day, I challenged myself to find something - anything!- out there that would make an interesting Instagram. Just for today, I made some special Instagram rules for myself:

No pictures of my lunch.
Or my pets.
Or stuff at home.
Or flowers. I've done them to death lately.

My challenge was specifically to find some interesting sights on the road. And just when I thought I was doomed to a day full of white Camrys and yellow traffic lights, I happened upon these little gems:

Pulled up behind this relic at Stone Way and 50th in Seattle. Grabbed my phone and caught three shots in record time.
Saw this girl crossing the street near Alderwood Mall. Two thoughts immediately hit my brain; "Under my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh" and "TAKE HER PICTURE QUICK." 

Two minutes after sighting the girl with the pink bumbershoot, I was cruising the Target parking lot, looking for a parking spot, when I happened upon this gem. Wow, I'm red hot for the vintage VW today.
Waiting for my youngest to get out of class, I saw a truck full of welding gear parked nearby. Oh yes, I did get out of my car and wander around it, snapping photos from every angle. I'm a fool for inflammable tanks of gas.

Well. What an immensely satisfying day. When I finally got back home, I curled up on the couch and edited and filtered these fun little Instagrams to my heart's content. Glancing down, I discovered that my faithful friend, Ranger, had snuggled up next to me for a lovely nap. Reflexively, I clicked open my camera....but then I remembered my rule. No pet photos today.

But guess what. Some rules are meant to be broken. Hope you had an InstaFun day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!